My World is Funnier

Thursday, September 22, 2011

All Ages, Deadly Tales and workshops OH MY!

Hey there toon type folks! I've been hard at work on both September 23rd Studios' new project as well as a new all ages comic debuting for 215ink at the New York Comic Con (see the previous post on the project here). Recently the writer who I've been collaborating with, Adam Wilson, sent me the cover for the new book based on my character designs and produced by up-and-coming artist Matt Lynch. Here it is for the first time anywhere:
Also, I thought I'd share some thumbnails for the pages I've been feverishly working on so we can hit our deadline and actually premier on time. Here are a few rough page breakdowns:
Mark's and my submission to the Deadly Tales anthology benefiting the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (previous post) has been accepted and will be appearing in the InvestComics compendium! Details on the release, promotion, etc. to follow...
One last thing: Next Saturday, October 1st, Mark and I will be conducting a workshop on creating independent comics at the Alternative Press Expo in San Francisco. If you've never been to the show it is an amazing collection of independent, small press and self publishers with comics, magazines, toys and works running the gamut from horror to all-ages. C'mon out, see some awesome artists and watch Mark and I corrupt aspiring creators! Here's the info (click on APE banner):


Whew! Ok, that's about all for now...come back soon for new art!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home