My World is Funnier

Sunday, December 03, 2006

One of my heroes

I've added a new link and have placed it at the top of the list as I believe it belongs to one of the most important and influential people in my development as a cartoonist. The one and only Morrie Turner. A friend of my Aunt's introduced me to him a few years back and he has remained a good friend and avid supporter of mine. Through him I was introduced to (and subsequently joined) the National Cartoonists Society where I met several others , such as Michael Jantze of "The Norm" and Stephan Pastis of "Pearls Before Swine", who have been extremely helpful and are always willing to offer advice and guidance.

Morrie is one of the most positive folks, cartoonist or not, that I've ever had the pleasure to have known. Now in his 80's he is still full of life, love and talent. There's no way I will ever be able to repay him for all he's done for me but being who he is, he wouldn't want or expect me too. He's that giving and generous. So in case I never have another chance I wanted to express my gratitude to him in some sort of public forum.

Thanks Morrie!

Morrie and I about a year and a half ago during a ceremony at the Schulz Museum which honored him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home